Working under the direction of an Independent Chair, Chris Robson, Kingston Local Safeguarding Children Board’s (LSCB) role is to ensure that relevant agencies and professionals work together to protect the borough’s children from abuse, harm and neglect.
The LSCB develops, monitors and reviews child protection and child safety policies, procedures and practice within Kingston. It also co-ordinates and provides inter-agency training for staff across the borough who work with children and families.
The LSCB’s job is to have an overview of how effectively children are safeguarded and identify improvements where necessary. For this reason, the LSCB is an independent body that can check on the work of all organisations working with children and families.
In the light of new statutory guidance from the Department for Education, Richmond and Kingston LSCBs formally joined on 1st April 2018 and will now have joint main boards and some shared subgroups.
The following agencies are represented on the LSCB:
- Achieving for Children - providing children's services to the Royal Borough of Kingston and London Borough of Richmond
- Housing Services (Kingston Council)
- Adult Social Care Services (Kingston Council)
- Safer Kingston Partnership
- South West London and St George’s Mental Health Trust
- NHS Kingston Clinical Commissioning Group
- Kingston Hospital NHS Trust
- Your Healthcare
- Metropolitan Police Service
- Probation Services
- Children and Family Court Advisory Support Service
- Voluntary sector
- Diocese of Southwark
- Kingston College
- Local schools
- Legal Services (Kingston Council)
- Lay Members