Serious Case Review Subgroup
In line with Working Together 2018, a Serious Case Review will be undertaken for every case where abuse or neglect is known or suspected and either:
- A child dies; or
- A child is seriously harmed and there are concerns about how organisations or professionals worked together to safeguard the child.
“The LSCB for the area in which the child is normally resident should decide whether an incident notified to them meets the criteria for an SCR. This decision should normally be made within one month of notification of the incident. The final decision rests with the Chair of the LSCB.” The LSCB Chair will inform the national SCR panel about their SCR decisions
The Serious Case Review (SCR) Subgroup will review the referrals against the criteria for holding a SCR and make appropriate recommendations to the LSCB Board. The Subgroup will consider serious cases which do not meet the criteria for holding a SCR, but have a multi-agency element and provide scope for learning around multi-agency practice and procedures. The SCR subgroup will undertake reviews of serious cases and advise the local authority and the LSCB on lessons to be learned.
This group meets accross Kingston and Richmond.
- Alison Twynam – Director of Children’s Social Care, Achieving for Children
- Andrea Bennett – Head of Children’s and Families Services, Your Healthcare
- Andrea Knock – Designated Nurse for Safeguarding Children, Kingston Clinical Commissioning Group
- Anna Bryden - Consultant in Public Health, LB Richmond upon Thames
- Caroline Mark - Associate Director for Quality Assurance and Review, Achieving for Children
- Cressida Zielinski, Designated Nurse, Richmond & Kingston Clinical Commissioning Group
- Frankie Campbell, Named Nurse, SWLStG;
- Jo Parkinson - Detective Inspector, Feltham Child Abuse Investigation Team
- Dr Jo Sullivan Lyons - Senior School Improvement Advisor, Achieving for Children
- Mandy Harper - (Co Chair) Named Nurse for Child Protection, Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust
- Simon Dilkes - Detective Chief Inspector, Metropolitan Police
- Fiona Grant, Janet Grimes, Kajal Patel – Child Adolescent Mental Health Services
- Nader Elgharably – Designated Doctor for Safeguarding Children, Kingston Hospital
- Russell Styles – Associate Director of Public Health, Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames
- Tracy Armstrong - Matron for Paediatrics, West Middlesex University Hospital
- Trish Stewart, (Co-Chair) Head of Safeguarding, Central London Community Healthcare NHS Trust
Advisory and Support to the Subgroup
- Elisabeth Major – LSCB Professional Advisor
- Sian Davies – Kingston LSCB Coordinator
- Neeta Sharma – Principal Solicitor, South London Partnership
Please click here for the Serious Case Review Subgroup Terms of Reference.