children & young people

Where can I get help from?

You can contact Childline by either text, email or phoning their free 24 hour helpline on 0800 1111. You can also text the NSPCC helpline anonymously on 88858.

If you would like to get some help locally:

Contact the Single Point of Access (SPA) in Kingston on 020 8547 5008 (outside of office hours, please ring 020 8770 5000)

In Kingston you can fill out a SPA Online form at


Contact the Single Point of Access (SPA) in Richmond on 020 8547 5008 (outside of office hours, please ring 020 8770 5000)

If you are in immediate danger dial 999


Young People aged under 18 often have some Housing  questions.

Below you can find the RB Kingston Housing Department guidance on Temporary Accommodation.

In accordance with the Children’s Act 2004,  Councils will have due regard to the principal needs of any children in the household, and the need to safeguard and promote the children’s welfare. In particular, regard will be had to any disruption to a child's education, medical care, social work or other key service or other support received.

Councils will have due regard to matters concerning public safeguarding and protection and will work with all relevant organisations to ensure the suitability of accommodation.

Councils will have due regard to the Equality Act 2010 in ensuring that the needs of households with protected characteristics are met in determining the location of the temporary accommodation.

The Southwark Judgement

This legal Judgement outlines provision of accommodation for 16 and 17 year olds who may be homeless and/or require accommodation.

Above all, Housing Departments are required to avoid homelessness and do what they can  to help people remain in their families.

Suitable Accommodation:

Neither borough will place young people or vulnerable adults in B&B accommodation or in hostels. They will have self-contained units. However, there is such pressure on temporary accommodation it may be hard for them to find accommodation within your home boroughs. They will consider any special needs.

You can find more information and advice on the following links: 


Coram Voice

My Bnk


KRSCP Annual Report 2017-18
Our local children and young people have summarised our KRSCP Annual report for 2017-18 here